Raman Imaging Group
• pharmacology and pharmacotherapy: development of methodology for spectroscopic diagnosis of civilization diseases,
• biology and biochemistry: studying of tissues, cells, metabolites, biopolymers, analysis of natural dyes and pigments,
• pharmacy: analysis of polymorphism and active substances in drugs.
• chemical imaging of tissues and cells, ex vivo and in vitro, "label-free" and with reporters,
• physico-chemical study of surface of biological samples in normal conditions and under the influence of stress or pathology,
• development of new experimental techniques, including SERS and TERS, and applications of chemometrics to spectroscopic data.
Raman Imaging Group makes spectroscopic measurements to order.
The group specializes in Raman and infrared imaging. We use also several specialistic spectroscopics methods based on Raman optical activity (ROA), surface enhanced Raman effect (SERS) and infrared absorption of molecules isolated in low temperature matrices of inert gases. In data analysis we applay quantum-chemical calculations and chemometric techniques.
There are 10 PhD students (Emilia, Marta, Krzysztof, Jakub, Grzegorz, Ewelina, Monika, Ewelina, Karolina and Szymon) working under Faculty PhD programs and JCET. 10 MSc projects are realized in our group, one of them in the Advanced Spectroscopy in Chemistry program. We are involved in 17 projects.